Windows Remote Management (WinRM) required by Windows Remote Shell command-line tool, Winrs, event forwarding, and Windows PowerShell 2.0.
WinRM service starts automatically on Windows Server 2008, but must be started manually on Windows Vista.
- Show WinRM Status: “winrm get winrm/config”
- Show WinRM Help: “winrm help config”
- Setup WinRM: “winrm qc” (Quick Config)
Performs the following operations:
- Starts the WinRM service, and sets the service startup type to auto-start.
- Configures a listener for the ports that send and receive WS-Management protocol messages using either HTTP or HTTPS on any IP address.
- Defines ICF exceptions for the WinRM service, and opens the ports for HTTP and HTTPS. (Only for the current user profile)